- Loved the website tool to design your own deck and pergola. Really enjoyed the ease and simplicity of adding the measurements for what you want and then just wait to hear back for the design and quote. Quick and effective with a helpful customer service team to get the job done. Very happy with the finished result! Caitlin, Christies Beach.
- Recently we had a deck built by Softwoods. From the planning through to the build we had the pleasure of dealing with professional and friendly people. The tradesmen were exceptional, both in their trade skills and their friendly manner. It would be my pleasure to recommend this company to anyone thinking of building a deck. Sincerely Di, Happy Valley
- We had a Softwoods pergola built in our backyard recently and we were so happy with our dealings with Softwoods Modbury. They were helpful, professional, reasonably priced and supplied quality timber. They took care of obtaining council approval which made our load a whole lot lighter! We painted the timber ourselves which was a big job. They were happy to work in with our schedules and arranged for excellent builders Kurt & Callan to install the pergola. We enjoy our meals outside each day and love our new backyard! Thanks Softwoods. Zac & Rachelle, Redwood Park
- We had a pergola and deck designed and built by Softwoods. We found the salesman to be enthusiastic, full of great design ideas and very polite and courteous. The carpenter that built it for us was meticulous, tidy and courteous – I cannot say enough about his work, and I am not an easy person to please. The job was on schedule and built within the time frame allocated. It looks fantastic, far exceeding our expectations. I would recommend Softwoods to anyone that wants old fashioned quality service and a quality build. J Foster Greenwith
- From my first meeting with Gary I was extremely impressed. Not only did Gary listen to what I had to say, he answered my many, many questions like each one was very important. My carpenters Kurt and his offsider ( sorry can’t remember his name) were also very professional and I had no hesitation leaving them to build my pergola whilst I was working. I am now enjoying a delightful outdoor area and all that see it are impressed and ask who built it. I would strongly recommend Softwoods for their customer service, price and professionalism. Christine Semaphore Park
- Softwoods took the time to listen to our needs and suggested a suitable design to meet those needs, the carpenters provided were friendly and paid a great attention to detail. We are so happy with the whole process of our pergola and would not hesitate to recommend Softwoods to all of our family and friends. Maddie, Happy Valley
- I would like to say that we are extremely happy with our pergola. We got the pre cut kit and it was unbelievably easy to assemble. The customer service through the whole process was superb. We will definitely be passing on Gard Ford’s number to everyone we know wanting to build anything. D Lockett, Munno Para West
- Hi Greg, just want to thank you and the team at Softwoods for going above and beyond in regards to workmanship and customer service. I really appreciate all that you have done and the boys are second to none when it comes to all aspects, they show genuine care and their work is excellent, they kept me informed all the way through the process. The end result is spectacular!!! Thanks again G Wickham, Onkaparinga Hills
- Extremely impressed. Great experience. We hope we can use the company again. Ted and Marie
- We are extremely happy with the service we received from Softwoods and Adrian at Lonsdale has been a fantastic help in any inquiries we had through out our project. Highly recommended. K Cook, Hackham
- We are extremelly happy with our new pergola. The whole process from start to finish was very professional. We had a few basic ideas of what we wanted and after Greg had spent some time with us we knew exactly what we wanted. Softwoods gave us the perfect entertaining area for our family. Thanks Brenton and Heidi, Willunga
- We could not be happier with the service, price and quality of the product we received from Softwoods. We received other local quotes but these did not come close to Softwoods – even when factoring in delivery from interstate! Putting it together was so simple and having everything pre-cut was such a time saver. We have just ordered a deck to go under our pergola, and again, were thrilled that Softwoods worked hard to get the price within our budget.
- We would especially like to thank Ben for the outstanding customer service and technical knowledge we received and the amazing skill, quality of building work and friendly customer focused service provided by Peter. The outcome far exceeded our expectation and the experience in dealing with Softwood’s staff and Peter has been a very satisfying experience. We are happy to recommend Softwoods and Peter to all our friends and anyone wanting a high quality timber pergola and/or gazebo product. P Swift, Oakden
- Very happy looks great job well done by all .David & Val, Nuriootpa
- I found the whole process from start to finish extremely professional and was extremely happy with the end result. There was a couple of minor issues with design outcomes but they were resolved with expertise and professionalism, with special thanks to our brilliant carpenter and salesman who went out of their way to achieve a great result for the client. J Mildenhall, Allenby Gardens
- I am very happy with the final product, the deck has addded value and pleasure to our home, and the process was straightforward. I would certainly recommend Softwoods to my friends. Mason, Seaford Rise
- From start to finish we were looked after very well. P McCarron, Modbury
- Extremely happy with final result, exceeded my expectations. Gary provided great advice and gave me different ideas to think about. R Hampton, Cheltenham
- Hi Alan, Thanks for all your help and effort we are very happy with our new outdoor area. Softwoods have been great to deal with from the early stages of the design with Gary to the construction with yourself and Kirk to the finishing off of the ceiling with Michael. I would strongly recommend Softwoods to friends and family. Thanks again, T&M Sangster, Golden Grove
- We are thrilled with the quality of the workmanship from Softwoods. They have surpassed our expectations in all areas. It’s great to see a company care about what they do, which does not happen often enough these days. We have received excellent value for or hard earned money. Our new deck and pergola add so much to our home. The end product looks fantastic and we will be sure to have many years of enjoyment to come. G&K Wickham, Onkaparinga Hills
- Ben, thank you so much for organising my verandah/carport. It looks amazing and completely transforms the facade of my home. Thanks also to the fabulous workmanship of Len and Sam. Great blokes by the way too! I have no hesitation in recommending Softwoods. I have received nothing but positive comments from family and friends. Thank you once again, cheers J Jones, Semaphore
- We have just in the last week completed the pergola. We are very happy with it, it looks beautiful and complements our home beautifully. We still need to pave underneath it and will send photos soon. We found your service, support and delivery to be excellent. Also the pergola went together well. We have shown many of our friends the pergola because we believe it is a good product and good value for money. Thank you for all your help. B and R Wehl, Ballarat
- Hi Adrian, Thank you very much for your fast response in rectifying the foundation problem. This puts Softwoods in a league of their own in the building industry as this is where even good tradespeople fail to deliver the required level of service. Please pass on my thanks to Ben for his efforts. M Horne, Middleton
- We picked Softwoods because seven years ago they completed an outside sealed entertaiment area for us. The job was outstanding. This time we bought another property this had a enteraiment area but we wished for it to be sealed in. We decided to slat the area and put fly wire behind the slats Keep the pesky flys out. The guys did a terffic job they had to build around what was already there. This proved no hardship. The guys worked vey well and I was on hand to answer any questions that they required further clarity on. Well done Softwoods the area is terrific even the guys were impressed with what they had done. Regards P G & J Barker. Aldinga Beach.
- I would just like to take this opportunity to thank you and the staff at Softwoods for the help in making my DIY Verandah project into a complete success. From using your online quote tool to the end of the project I could not have asked for better support.As I work fulltime and only have weekends free I found it invaluable that you organised drawings and council approval, which were through in a matter of days. As this was the first project of its type I had undertaken I was also impressed not only with the instructions that came with the kit but the kit itself, everything was cut accurately and all hardware came with it, even the concrete for the posts which I had not taken into consideration.As a do it yourselfer, I suppose the most challenging part of the installation was that of the rafter stiffeners but after A good read of the instructions and a little patience I completed the work easily. Once again, thanks for all your help, it was not only satisfying to complete the job myself I also saved myself thousands in the process. N Teasdale, Salisbury Downs
- Very happy with the result of my new pergola through softwoods, it looks even better than I imagined. Thanks to the team at the Lonsdale branch for all your help, and for getting it completed ready for summer. T Dickson, Hallett Cove
- I was particulalrly impressed with the Carpenter on the project. The end job is really beautiful. His workmanship and attention to detail were very appreciated. He is a good ambassador for your company.
- Akym our installer was excellent and an outstanding tradesman, who offered ideas and help whenever he talked to us. We have since had other trades ask who built our pergola because they had not seen such precision and accuracy and pride in work for such a long time, wow what an outstanding example of your companies ability to deliver.
- I intend to purchase another pergola for the back of the house, Overall I am happy with the service and would recommend your company. A Hornsby, Willaston
- Just a quick note to thank you and Softwoods for your patience and
assistance in achieving our new decking and Verandah. The end product has
exceeded our expectations.
The area is now weatherproof and provides a perfect all weather safe
play area and a decent entertainment space for us.
We appreciated your improvement suggestions and experience which have been
incorporated within the end design
Ben and Ian the installers provided a timely and professional finish to the
installation. Both were courteous and diligent, and represented Softwoods
We would highly recommend Softwoods to all our friends.
Your company was prepared to tackle a decking/Verandah combination on a
sloping site where others were unable to see past a flat site standard
installation – living up to your motto “nothings too hard at softwoods”
I work also in the service industry, people are quick to complain, but
reluctantly rarely provide contact to thank you for a job well done
“Thank you for a job well done”
Regards, P&J Mason, Happy Valley
- Great job very professional would build with you guys again. M Alyward, Seaford Rise
- Having been recommended by family friends I was somewhat sceptical with the all in fitted quote as it was half the price of a metal structure (which excluded fitting). Having seen the workmanship and quality of my friends pergola we decided to speak with Softwoods. Best choice I made and will be recommending them to my friends. D Brain, Hallett Cove
- Almost everything was streamlined and we are extremely pleased with the result. Rocky, Chris and painter Jeff were excellent workers and good ambassadors for your company and we love our new pergola :) Thankyou, D Carr and B Rees. West Beach.
- extremely pleasant process from the first initial visit to the store through the process of design to the finished job. Cheers!
- It was an absolute pleasure in dealing with Softwoods who designed and built our pergola. From working with Ben in the design and consultation period to when the builders arrived onsite and constructed our pergola, the transition was seamless. Great company, backed with great people who have a passion for what they do!
- Good and quick process overall. Gary was great and Lennard and the boys were sensational. Couldnt be happier
- Thanks to Jakuf for his friendly support and encouragement.
- I was delighted by the attention to detail. The flexibility and flair the installer showed insured that we got the veranda we dreamed of
- Great job, very professional. Would build with you guys again. Michael, Seaford Rise
- We were extremely happy with Softwoods -arrived on time and they were willing to hold our materials until we needed them. We were also extremely happy with Akym the carpenter – he did a fantastic job and was happy to make adjustments as required.
- I left some answers blank as I did this job myself. The Softwoods team was great, and when the guys heard I was doing this myself, they all offered plenty of support and great advice. This is the way to do business, and I have always been happy to refer people to Softwoods.
- For someone who doesn’t have a great deal of experience or knowledge in regards to the building industry Luke at Softwoods was a great help from the initial consultation to providing ideas & answering other “dumb” questions I had. Very happy with the product & will recommend Softwoods to friends & family.
- Ben was extremely helpful and went out of his way to add significant improvements to the project that meant we have ended up with an excellent verandah rather than just a good one – thank you
- Extremely happy with the service provided. Gary’s service was second to none. Once the pergola was completed I asked him to come and take a look … there were a couple of little cosmetic things we weren’t too keen on. Gary is currently rectifying this. Thanks so much, my mum loves her new pergola :)
- Gary was brilliant. Very knowledgable, and designed the pergola with ease around our upper story which juts out. The time from Gary’s consult until commencement of the build was EXTREMELY quick. The installers were excellent. Their attention to detail and quality of workmanship were excellent. All in all, it was a most enjoyable experience, which I would have no hesitation in recommending to others.
- Everything fitted perfectly, components are heavier to erect than explained in assembly instructions. I had one minor issue – one rafter was supplied as a ‘mirror image’. I emailed photos to Jakuf and he responded quickly and effectively, so there was no delay to our timetable. Excellent kit, no problems at all to assemble.
- I was delighted by the attention to detail. The flexibility and flair the installer showed insured that we got the veranda we dreamed of
- Just a quick email to thank you and the team at soft woods for a great looking deck and the ease at which it was achieved. The two gentlemen Ian and Peter that built and install the deck were true tradesmen that took pride in what they built. I understand they sub contract to softwoods,but what an asset softwoods have in these two gentlemen. As this is a new estate we are living in and being the first actual residence many of the people building stop for a chat and ask who did what, and I will have no hesitation in recommending softwoods to them. Once again thanks for a great deck.
- I found softwoods approach very helpful and professional. The helpful design service and pre-cutting made the job easy. Softwoods kept me informed of delivery time, and things arrived when they said it would. I am very happy with the finished product. Even the price was excellent.
- I’d like to commend you all for your professional and courteous service and would especially like to thank you for providing some of the most professional, hard working contractors we’ve had the good fortune to meet. We’ve met a lot of contractors over the years, however, hands down, Mark Witter and his team were awesome, their customer and job focus was of the highest order and his trade skills are impeccable. We just couldn’t be happier with the service provided by you all.Thank you so much for an awesome product, being very responsive to our needs in respect to finding a contractor to construct the pergola, just prior to Christmas and for the whole Softwood team, including Mark and his team, for your outstanding customer service. Sharon and I would like to say a BIG thank you for all your efforts – you’ve all been amazing.
- I thought I would express what a great job Richard did to helping us design the project and the wonderful job “big” David did with the build. Also your office staff were great keeping us update with progress, thanks again. I wanted to let you know how happy we have been with the service and product we have received from Softwoods.
- I was impressed from the first meeting with a young man in your Londsdale showroom and his competent professional attitude was repeated with everyone I met subsequently .you have a team to be proud of.
- The consultant initally assigned to us was Peter King. Peter was on time on both occassions that he visited us, knew what he was talking about, and was great to negotiate with. The tradies were absolutely outstanding. They arrived at the exact time they said they would, on both days (a rarity among tradesmen) and did a fabulous job. They were really nice guys, cleaned up well and kept me up to date with what was happening. We were so impressed with them.
- We are renovating the entire house at present so have been dealing with lots of tradesmen and companies. Thus far we’ve been nowhere near as impressed with any other company as we have been with softwoods. The whole process from quote through to completion has been EASY. We will certainly recommend you to others and remember you for future work.
- I have recently had a pergola supplied and installed by your company. I would like to express my sincere thanks for the professional and caring nature shown by all of your employees with whom we dealt. We were also very satisfied with the assistance given, the quality of materials delivered and the prompt manner in which the pergola was erected after council approval was finally received. After having had a number of major improvements (and the occasional heartache!!) performed on our home in recent years, it was also pleasing to see a tradesman who cleaned up and left the property in a tidy state after completion. Your company obviously puts a lot of importance and time into training your staff in customer service. As a result of our positive experience with your company I will certainly be recommending you to our friends who are planning similar projects. Please pass my thanks onto all of those concerned.
- I have virtually completed the building of the pergola that was arranged through Softwoods and I didn’t want too much time to elapse before acknowledging how pleased I have been with all aspects of the process and service that Softwoods have provided. The result is seen in the backyard.
- Looks fabulous, should have done it years ago!!
- I was very happy with the whole process and the finished product
- For me, some of the things I would highlight include:
- The initial site visit by Gary Ford where he provided ‘tailor made’ advice in a friendly fashion
- The ‘behind the scenes’ work to gain council approval and to manage deliveries etc which seemed to operate seamlessly
- The ‘nothing is too much trouble’ approach that you and others working at Softwoods seemed to provide. An example of this is receiving the extra bolts and nuts a matter of couple of hours after I discussed the shortfall with you.
- The accuracy of the pre-cuts which made building a positive learning experience, as well as the ease of understanding the instructions
- The friendly and hardworking approach by Peter Holmes as my carpenter for the day that ensured that the heavy beams were in place and allowed me to do everything else.
- The friendliness of the front office staff every time I had cause to ring.
Please pass on my happiness to those concerned.