573 Port Road
West Croydon SA 5008
Corner Rosetta Street
PREMIUM GRADE PINE
Softwoods Select is treated pine that is over and above the industry benchmark.
We have used our extensive knowledge and contacts to secure the very best treated pine. It is selected to represent better appearance, quality, stability, strength, longevity and value.
All Softwoods Select products are responsibly sourced from renewable plantations, don’t contain CCA and are suitable for use in schools, council and government projects.
The finish on this select material is the most consistent and best that we have seen in our many years in the industry
Softwoods Select range includes:
SOFTWOODS SELECT F7
Softwoods Select F7 is strength graded with a visual override to ensure selection of the best boards for your project. Accurately sized and machined with no knot holes or wane included. We carry a wide range of sizes and lengths of this great product to suit most applications.
What is visual override?
Unlike Machine Graded Pine (MPG10 etc), Visual Override F7 is personally visually inspected by trained professionals to ensure that each length of timber meets a quality standard. This means you get timber that is clearer, with fewer knots which results in less wastage. Whenever you are using timber that will be viewable we recommend that you insist on timber that meets this uncompromising standard.
SOFTWOODS SELECT GLULAM ENGINEERED H4 POSTS
These superior posts break new ground in safety, performance & durability and are extremely cost effective when compared to LOSP H3 posts. Manufactured using industry leading Koppers MicroPro™ – unlike most posts on the market Softwoods Select GLULAM Posts are 100% Arsenic-Free and being H4 are suitable for in ground use! Keeping your family safe from harmful chemicals, meeting government compliance & backed by a massive 50 Year Limited Guarantee (kopperspc.co.nz) Engineered to exceed GL8 strength standards, Softwoods Select GLULAM posts are gunbarrel straight & stable, utilising a marine grade Class 3 Purbond® Glue it’s also the durable & reliable choice. Available in 88×88, 115×115 and 135×135 our posts are made in New Zealand from select visual graded timber – Softwoods Select GLULAM posts are crafted to impress in appearance applications – naturally beautiful & sustainable. Ready to paint or Stain for a variety of looks and available pre primed if needed – Softwoods Select GLULAM posts offer the ultimate solution for pergolas, verandahs, carports, fences, decks and screen posts. Contact us for span tables and any technical information you might need and click the link for a full listing of sizes and lengths.
SOFTWOODS SELECT GLULAM H3 TIMBERS AND BEAMS
These superior timbers and beams break new ground in safety, looks, performance & durability and they’re exceptionally cost effective when compared to LOSP alternatives. Manufactured using industry leading Koppers MicroPro™ treatment – a new product that provides outstanding preservation as well as the great benefit of being 100% Arsenic-Free. This treatment will keep your family safe from harmful chemicals, meet government compliance & it’s also backed by a massive 50 Year Limited Guarantee (kopperspc.co.nz) Engineered to exceed GL8 strength standards, Softwoods Select GLULAM timbers are amazingly straight & stable, utilising a marine grade Class 3 Purbond® Glue it’s also the durable & reliable choice. Available in a huge range of sizes and lengths these timbers are made in New Zealand from select visual graded timber – Softwoods Select GLULAM products are crafted to impress in appearance applications – naturally beautiful & sustainable. Ready to paint or Stain for a variety of looks and available pre primed if you need – Softwoods Select GLULAM timbers and beams offer an ideal solution for pergolas, verandahs, carports, fences, decks, fascias and screen posts. They are also safe for use in school and daycare applications. Contact us for span tables and any technical information you might need and click the link for a full listing of sizes and lengths.
SOFTWOODS SELECT PREMIUM GRADE DECKING
Our select grade premium decking is a superior plantation grown pine product with clear smooth face and clear edges. Ideal for that clean, no knot look. Can be stained to look like hardwood.
SOFTWOODS SELECT PREMIUM GRADE SCREENING PRODUCTS
Our select screening products are a superior range of boards with 1 clear face and 2 clear edges which may contain only minor blemishes on the reverse face. Ideal for that clear, no knot look and can be stained to look like hardwood. Available in 42×19, 70×19, 90×19, 140×19.
SOFTWOODS SELECT SOLAR BATTENS AND RHOMBUS BATTENS
Select grade glulam micropro battens are ideal for privacy screening and pergola shading applications. Both come from responsible sources and are beautifully finished.
SOFTWOODS SELECT LOSP PRIMED
Select grade LOSP Primed is a dressed double primed range of products ideally suited for those applications demanding the very best of finishes. Available in F7 structural, GL8 Glulam Beams and a range of 18mm boards and finishing profiles. Structural sizes available in lengths up to 7.2 meters.
SOFTWOODS SELECT WARRANTY INFORMATION
- Timber MUST be kept DRY until it has been SEALED.
- Timber is a natural product & moisture
- may cause dimensional instability.
- Timber MUST be SEALED with PAINT, STAIN or
- OIL prior to or soon after installation on all 6 sides.
- ALL CUT ENDS MUST BE RE-TREATED AND SEALED
Important Use, General Care & Maintenance of Natural Timber Products
Timber is a natural product and will age & sometimes react adversely to normal changes in weather conditions. Failing to correctly seal timber on all 6 sides is likely to dramatically accelerate undesirable distortion & weathering effects in timber that would usually occur naturally over time, including but not limited to cracking, splitting, checking, cupping, bow, spring, mould inc. black spot mould and others.
For this reason it is important to protect timber with a high quality paint, oil or other sealant and regularly maintain this protection thereafter according the manufacturer’s instructions. Timber must always be stored in a dry location and must be sealed prior to or soon after the timber is installed.
After installation remember that the timber must still be kept dry until it has been sealed. When cutting treated timber it is important to retreat all cut ends with an approved timber preservative such as Tanalised EnSeal (or equivalent) that at least matches the hazard rating of the timber. This includes but is not limited to cuts, notches, drill holes and rebates. Cut ends must be sealed after retreating. Penetrating holes in MicroPro Glulam or LOSP products must be sealed closed to prevent water ingress.
Treated timber must be used in conditions appropriate to its hazard rating. Resin may bleed from timber and to minimise the effect of this it is advisable to use a quality primer and paint in light colours. It may be necessary to recoat as required. Using dark coloured paints or stains with a Light Reflective Value (LRV) less than <30 may exacerbate weathering issues particularly cracking and checking.
Failure to follow these guidelines may void any warranties or guarantees that may be offered by Manufacturers as they relate to the chemical treatment of outdoor timber against rot & insect attack. Softwoods bears no liability for incorrect use, storage or handling of goods, failure to seal timber on all 6 sides, general weathering, the visual appearance of timber, poor workmanship or omissions. For all information see www.softwoods.com.au call (08) 8340 9888 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Information about making a Claim
For Timber Prior to Installation: If you are concerned about the quality of the timber purchased, any defects in the timber or out-of-grade issues DO NOT INSTALL THE TIMBER. Installing the timber will be seen as acceptance of any issues that were apparent in the timber prior to installation. To make a claim do not install the timber & store it in a dry place then contact your seller. You will be asked to provide a description of the problem and any photos, plus your contact details, address at which the issue has occurred and the contact information of the builder or contractor if the timber was not purchased on your behalf. We will promptly assess the claim and successful claims will have the timber immediately replaced or refunded at the discretion of Softwoods.
For Installed Timber: To claim contact your seller. You will be asked to provide a description of the problem and any photos, plus your contact details, address at which the issue has occurred and the contact information of the builder or contractor if the timber was not installed by yourself. Proof of purchase and providence of the goods must be provided. Do not remove, dismantle, cut or modify the timber being claimed prior to making the claim, as this will void any warranty you may have. If there were any quality issues with the timber, defects in the timber or out-of-grade problems with the timber that were apparent in the timber prior to installation, installation will be seen as unconditional acceptance of, & satisfaction with, the quality of the timber, any defects in the timber or the grade of the timber and no claim will be entertained regarding any such issues that were apparent prior to installation. Any associated expense with the claim is at the cost of consumer.
Your claim will be assessed and for successful claims the manufacturer will either replace, repair or refund the damaged timber material at their discretion. Note failure to follow the “Important Use, General Care & Maintenance of Natural Timber Products” guidelines outlined above may void any warranties or guarantees that may be offered by manufacturers as they relate to the chemical treatment of outdoor timber against rot & insect attack. Softwoods bears no liability for incorrect use, storage or handling of goods, failure to seal timber on all 6 sides, failure to retreat and reseal cut ends, general weathering, the visual appearance of timber, poor workmanship or omissions.
NOTE: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Softwoods Timberyards Pty Ltd, 573 Port Rd, Croydon, 5008, SA (08) 83409 8888
Softwoods Select GLULAM Posts, timbers & beams are treated with MicroPRO, which comes with a 50 Year Limited Guarantee* against rot & insect attack. For all information regarding this guarantee please visit www.kopperspc.com.au/about/product-guarantee.html
Osmose also offer some important information regarding the MicroPRO treatment which can be found in the MicroPRO Brochure Here.
OSMOSE IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- MicroPro Pressure treated timber has corrosion rates on metal products similar to CCA (chromated copper arsenate) pressure treated timber and untreated timber. For interior or exterior applications, use fasteners and hardware that are in compliance with the manufacturer’s recommendations and the building code for their intended use. Where design and or actual conditions allow for constant, repetitive or long periods of wet conditions, only stainless steel fasteners should be used. When using aluminium products in conjunction with MicroPro treated timber, refer to the MicroPro Fastener and Hardware Information Sheet for additional information.
- Do not burn preserved timber.
- Wear a dust mask and goggles when cutting or sanding timber.
- Wear gloves when working with timber.
- Some preservative may migrate from the treated timber into soil/water or may dislodge from the treated timber surface upon contact with skin. Wash exposed skin areas thoroughly.
- All sawdust and construction debris should be cleaned up and disposed of after construction.
- Wash work clothes separately from other household clothing before re-use.
- Preserved timber should not be used where it may come into direct or indirect contact with drinking water, except for uses involving incidental contact such as fresh water docks and bridges.
- Do not use preserved timber under circumstances where the preservative may become a component of food, animal feed, or beehives.
- Do not use preserved timber as mulch.
- Only preserved timber that is visibly clean and free of surface residue should be used.
- If the timber is to be used in an interior application and becomes wet during construction, it should be allowed to dry before being covered or enclosed.
- Disposal Recommendations: Preserved timber may be disposed of in landfills or burned in commercial or industrial incinerators or boilers in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- If you desire to apply a paint, stain, clear water repellent, or other finish to your preservative treated timber, we recommend following the manufacturer’s instructions and label of the finishing product. Before you start, we recommend you apply the finishing product to a small exposed test area before finishing the entire project to insure it provides the intended result before proceeding.
- Mould growth can and does occur on the surface of many products, including untreated and treated timber, during prolonged surface exposure to excessive moisture conditions. To remove mould from the treated timber surface, timber should be allowed to dry. Typically, mild soap and water can be used to remove remaining surface mould.
- Projects should be designed approved and installed in accordance with federal, state and local regulation governing construction in your area. The MicroPro Treated Timber Process is certified under SCS’s Environmentally Preferable Product (EPP) program based on Life-Cycle Assessment.